Milton Parish Council
Milton Parish Council represents the first tier of local government for its community (Milton Heights and Milton Village).
The Council consists of 4 elected Councillors and two co-opted Councillors who serve the community. All Councillors are voluntary and receive no payment.
We currently have one vacancies for Parish Councillor, please contact The Clerk on 07826 539743 or email@example.com for more information
The Parish Office does not currently exist but there are plans for one to be located in the new Community building at Milton Heights.
Council Meetings - meetings are being held virtually (due to Government Guidance).
Agenda, supporting reports and meeting links are available on the website, parish notice boards or by contacting the Clerk.
Meetings are held 7pm - 9pm
January - Monday 11th February - Monday 1st March - Monday 1st
April - Monday 12th May 10th - Annual Parish Council Meeting May 17th - Annual Parish Meeting*
June - Monday 17th July - Monday 5th August - No meeting
September - Monday 6th October - Monday 4th November - Monday 1st
December - No meeting
*Annual Parish Meeting – dependent on Government regulations (no APM took place in 2020 due to Government Guidance)
For further information relating to the services offered by the Parish Council please contact the Parish Clerk who will be happy to give advice and assistance.
Vision and Mission Statement
To enhance the quality of life for the residents of Milton Parish and encourage community spirit.
- Ensure community well-being and sustainability
- To foster a socially inclusive and caring community in which all residents have the opportunity to influence their future and that of the parish
- To manage its assets and finances in an open, efficient, and effective manner for the benefits of all residents
To promote Milton Parish as a pleasant place to live and work
The parish Council aims to:
- Be transparent, and informative on parish matters by all appropriate means
- Be proactive with agreed short term and long-term goals
- Understand the needs of residents, and seek to address these needs within the resources and powers available
- Preserve the open spaces for the enjoyment of all
- Encourage the preservation, promotion, and conservation of the natural environment
- Encourage all to participate in activities beneficial to the community, especially in those areas which promote inclusivity and cohesion
Action Plan 2020 - 2021 (Word Document, 25 Kb)
The Parish Council is committed to forward planning for the community and has developed an action plan for the period 2020-2021 & 2021 – 2022.
Milton Parish Council Standing Orders
Parish Council Standing Orders (PDF, 185 Kb)
We currently have only one paid memebr of staff, our clerk Joanne Myers who can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org