Author: Liz Cruse
Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Energetic and enthusiastic person to join us on Milton Parish Council
Work from home at present. Office may be supplied in future.
Flexible. 15 hours plus extra as necessary.
Dependent on qualifications and experience according to NJC pay scale. Plus
generous pension scheme.
Details: Attend meetings, take... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:26 by Liz Cruse
Residents in Oxfordshire are to be given a warm welcome back to libraries from Monday 12 April onwards.
Oxfordshire County Council is planning a phased approach to the re-opening of libraries and will be maintaining safety measures including track and trace, use of face coverings and social distancing.
Lesli Good, Interim Assistant Director for Cultural Services, said: "Our libraries and registration... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 12:03 by Liz Cruse
On Thursday 6 May, you can have your say on who you want to represent you in Oxfordshire. All Oxfordshire County Council seats are up for election, as well as Oxford City, and West Oxfordshire and Cherwell district councils. The police and crime commissioner for the Thames Valley, who is responsible for securing efficient and effective policing of the area will also be chosen.
If you've changed your... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 10:40 by Liz Cruse
Read on for:
- Return for group sports and physical activity
- Health Online chat - mental health support
- Encouraging more take up of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Horton General open child-friendly area
- Monitoring patients with lung diseases
- Long COVID-19 Mental health symptoms
- Cherwell story map
- Oxfordshire Electric Car revolution
- Community-led housing initiative
- Testing scheme expands for those that are symptom-free
- Keep up... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 09:14 by Liz Cruse
Read on for:
- Age of Creativity Festival - May
- Age UK research on digital access
- Objectifying ageing - free talk
- Big Bike Revival - Dr Bike
- Funding closing next week
- Young people mental wellbeing hub launched
- Pre-booked patient visiting times resume
- COVID-19 rates in the county
- Oxfordshire COVID-19 vaccinations
- Changes to vaccine supply in April
- Symptom-free testing supports return to school
- Improvement in NHS... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 13:18 by Liz Cruse
The two district councils in South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse have agreed to develop a joint Local Plan for the area to reduce costs and help the councils meet their ambitious targets for making the two districts carbon neutral.
Local Plans are used to help determine planning applications and set out how and where new housing developments should take place, along with identifying the infrastructure... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 11:13 by Liz Cruse
- Rural Crime Taskforce to launch later this year
- A new beginning for Community Speedwatch
- Thames Valley to pilot new powers to tackle knife crime
- Project Vigilant - tackling sexual assaults
- Your questions answered LIVE
- Election update
- News digest
- Have your say
New Rural Crime Taskforce to launch later this year
Following... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:13 by Liz Cruse
Covid-19 rates across Oxfordshire
Overall, the decrease of infection rates in the UK is slowing down and so the public messaging is to ensure everyone continues to follow social distancing guidelines, especially as one or two initial lockdown restrictions are being lifted on Monday.
Local rates continue to be a bit bumpy – across Oxfordshire infection rates are 34.4 per 100,000 people - a slight... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 10:10 by Liz Cruse
Work continues across the county to help keep infections low. As ever, you can see the latest figures on the county council's interactive dashboard.
A great deal of planning work is taking place behind the scenes now with other districts and public health colleagues on expanding community testing to even more people, and further support for the vaccination programme, and we can update... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 09:56 by Liz Cruse
Over 15,000 hacked email and social media accounts reported in one year.
If a hacker got into your email or social media account, what would they find? Health and banking information? Names and contact details for your friends and family? Private photos and messages? For most people, it's at least one of those.
Your email and social media accounts contain a wealth of personal information about you, which... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 09:44 by Liz Cruse