Author: Liz Cruse
Carers Oxfordshire is a free service for all unpaid adult carers in Oxfordshire provided by Action for Carers Oxfordshire in partnership with Rethink Mental illness and our goals are:
- Help people recognise their role as a vitally important carer so that they can access the support they are entitled to.
- Make the caring journey easier by enabling carers to navigate what can be a confusing system.
- Work with... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 06 May 2021 19:32 by Liz Cruse
Temporary Traffic Regulation Order – S14 Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Road Closure at Appleford, Appleford Road
A request has been received from Chevron Traffic Management for a temporary road closure to apply to a section of Appleford Road whilst essential repair / maintenance work to the railway bridge works are carried out.
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) is being made... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 05 May 2021 20:00 by Liz Cruse
Today, read on for:
- Bereavement webinar on Wednesday
- Sense Holidays volunteer
- Coaches - unite!
- Tea Talks - phase 2
- Age of Creativity
- Oxfordshire History Centre blog
- Its Your Move dance project in Banbury
- Arts 4 Dementia Best Practice Conference
- Creativity and culture are supporting people in institutions
- Impact of COVID on people living with obesity
- 500,000 meals for Oxfordshire pupils
- Play it safe – COVID... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 05 May 2021 19:55 by Liz Cruse
With the situation around the pandemic steadily improving, we are now in a position to revert back to our pre-covid timetable for these updates. We'll provide a full update on 14 May ahead of the next stage of the government's roadmap out of lockdown planned for 17 May, and from that point onwards, we'll send them out monthly. We will also return to our previous e-newsletter format, which you will... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 05 May 2021 19:33 by Liz Cruse
A vaccination doesn't stop you from spreading COVID-19
Great news! Hundreds of thousands of people across Oxfordshire have now had their COVID-19 vaccination. But with the virus still circulating, it's important to remember that you can still spread the virus, even though you may have some protection from catching it.
Regular testing and following the hands, face, space and fresh air guidance we have... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 05:10 by Liz Cruse
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse district councils have opened all their community centres on Great Western Park.
The Northern, District and Southern centres, two of which are brand new buildings, are now available for residents and groups to hire with priority bookings given to groups helping to support Covid-19 responses.
Last year, the district councils took over the District and Southern... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 11:34 by Liz Cruse
Read on for:
- Two upcoming webinars for your diary
- Support neighbours in Bicester West, Witney & East Oxford
- New podcast on foundations of Mental Health
- e-Book - Stories from the Pandemic
- Vaccination programme update
- Human challenge trial - immune response
- How the council is supporting business' in Hospitality industry
- Two local heroes nominated for National awards
- Keep up to date through our Facebook group... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 09:38 by Liz Cruse
Distribution S-14(2) NOTICE - T8877
Temporary Traffic Regulation Notice – S14 Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Road Closure at - Milton, School Lane, OX14 4EJ
A request has been received from KCD/Thames Water for a temporary road closure to apply to a section of School Lane whilst valve exchange works are carried out.
A temporary Notice is being made to implement the temporary closures... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:50 by Liz Cruse
It has now been more than a week since Step 2 of the roadmap came into play, and so here are a few things to update you on:
Covid-19 infection rates
Infection rates remain broadly in line with last week, and the rate is now the same for both South Oxfordshire and the Vale at 18.4 per 100,000. Oxfordshire rates overall also remain at 22.6 per 100,000, a very slight increase from 22 last week.
Vaccinations... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:44 by Liz Cruse
- New initiative announced to tackle
- Cut It Out - Domestic abuse awareness training
- Improving drug prosecutions
- Police & Crime Commissioner election update
- My Plan to tackle crime in Thames Valley
New initiative announced to tackle fly-tipping across Thames Valley
Fly tipping is a major concern across... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:33 by Liz Cruse