Author: Liz Cruse
From Saturday 29 May to Saturday 5 June Vale of White Horse and South Oxfordshire district councils are running a new Litter Bug Detectives Trail for children in four parks across southern Oxfordshire.
The trails will be available in Edmonds Park in Didcot, Southern Road Recreation Ground in Thame, Abbey Garden Meadows in Abingdon and Memorial Park in Wantage.
The activities are aimed at primary school... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 17 May 2021 20:24 by Liz Cruse
In response to the increased fear of pet theft, Neighbourhood Watch has launched our PROTECT YOUR POOCH campaign.
The campaign will run on social media from 17th – 30th May but those who do not use social media can support the campaign by displaying this poster in their community, or attending our online Dog Theft webinar on the 27th May at 5pm. The webinar will be led by Neighbourhood Watch... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 17 May 2021 20:17 by Liz Cruse
As our roadmap out of lockdown sees more relaxation of restrictions from today, we have summarised what this means below. Also, let us celebrate our local heroes - please do get voting.
Read on for:
- New rules from Today
- Register now for a webinar for those working with children and young people.
- Nominations open for Covid-19 heroes
- Oxfordshire Libraries e-book short stories
- Dementia Action week - this week... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 17 May 2021 20:14 by Liz Cruse
Boundary Park Sports Association has leased tennis courts and a multi-use games area on Great Western Park from Vale of White Horse district council.
The sports association, which looks after Boundary Park opposite the new courts and games area, will be making the new and exciting facilities available to local sports groups and the wider community for various activities and games.
The floodlit fenced... Read More »
Posted: Sun, 16 May 2021 15:35 by Liz Cruse
The Vale of White Horse District Council's new lottery, the White Horse Community Lottery will launch in June with a special virtual event.
Organisations from the district's voluntary and community sector will be invited by the council to attend the event on Monday 14 June to find out how they can benefit from income raised through the Vale's new community lottery.
The event is to be held online due... Read More »
Posted: Sun, 16 May 2021 15:33 by Liz Cruse
Virtual activities continue, even as we ease out of lockdown, and we are sharing local support, webinars and resources. Read on for:
- Virtual Creative Café with the Mill Arts Centre
- Oxford Playhouse Tea Talks
- Grants closing next week - sports for development
- 24/7 mental health helpline
- Join online focus groups about social care support
- Connect with nature this Mental Health Awareness
- Experience Oxfordshire... Read More »
Posted: Sun, 16 May 2021 15:27 by Liz Cruse
Welcome back to Vale News. Our newsletter has been taking a bit of a break during the pandemic, but with the situation steadily improving, we are very pleased that we can once again bring you regular updates from Vale of White Horse District Council straight to your inbox.
New downloadable posters are now available on our website for businesses and venues to print off and display so... Read More »
Posted: Sun, 16 May 2021 15:16 by Liz Cruse
Read on for:
- Home Exercise packs - Move More at Home
- Live Well Oxfordshire Website - can you help?
- Feedback from our Arabic and Kurdish community
- Upcoming webinar about Men's health
- This afternoons press conference
- Latest Oxfordshire Covid case numbers
- ODS resumes home repairs
- Community Centres + Leisure Centres Re-open
- Keep up to date through our Facebook group
- Link to all previous CSG Bulletins here.
Posted: Mon, 10 May 2021 18:38 by Liz Cruse
We are delighted to lead this bulletin with the launch of the Equality Framework for Oxfordshire, a result of collaborative process across over 40 charities. Thank you!
Read on for:
- Diversity and inclusion
- New and improved service for carers in Oxfordshire
- New scheme to help people get on top of their debts
- A community-led approach to moving more
- Holiday activities and food grants
- Visits to Oxford hospitals... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 07 May 2021 16:08 by Liz Cruse
Dearest community groups,
We are reaching out to you with information about two new funding opportunities that could offer additional financial support to you and your communities as we follow the roadmap out of lockdown.
Covid-19 Support Grant Scheme
The Covid-19 Support Grant offers support to households who are particularly affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
If a resident cannot afford food for themselves... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 06 May 2021 19:39 by Liz Cruse